Companies are always trying to find new ways to align their benefits packages with the needs and interests of their employees.
We decided it would be interesting to take a look at some of the unique perks that come with working for specific companies. Take a look below to see what these companies are offering, and how some are adapting to better suit their employees in this constantly evolving era of work.
Pluralsight offers team members Recharge Weeks, four weeks of PTO in addition to our unlimited PTO policy. Recharge Weeks are designed to enhance our Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit by giving team members reliable and consistent time off every year, so they can unplug, spend time with loved ones, and recharge. Two of our four weeks off are company-wide breaks. These breaks encourage all team members to take time off together and create greater efficiencies for teams. The best part? We don't come back to full inboxes.
We want team members to be their best selves, so we also offer a monthly wellness reimbursement. We understand wellness means something different to everyone, so this reimbursement can be used toward a range of wellness opportunities including, gym memberships, massages, ski passes and more.
Explore pluralsight's company page
At Rue Gilt Groupe, we make shopping an occasion to celebrate! We’re as passionate about shopping as our Members, so it’s exciting when our Associate discount gets a bump to celebrate RGG’s April Birthday and again in time to shop for the holidays. When the weather warms up, our corporate offices pack up shop at 1:00PM to enjoy Summer Fridays. And for new parents, Rue Gilt Groupe offers a robust primary and secondary paid leave program, including a two-week part-time (at full salary!) return to work benefit to help the primary caregiver with the transition.
Explore Rue Gilt Groupe's company page
To support a better work-life balance, we added ‘FlexFridays’ to our employee wellness / benefit program. Employees have the option, and are encouraged, to work ½ days on Fridays to get an early start on the weekend to recharge. In support of the benefit, employee’s calendars have been blocked so that internal meetings are not scheduled on Friday afternoons.
Team Bonding! As a remote-first company with hybrid options, we know that together time is important for our team and our culture. That is why outside of bringing our team together annual for a holiday party, we also host weekly All Hands, coffee buddies, fika & learns, and Slack channels where you can show off your furry loved ones or fun vacations you take.Our ERGs like our [email protected] provide a community for discussion and brainstorming.
In startup life, there's something to celebrate every day. From All Hands meetings, Engineering Demo Days, and Team Kudos Slack channel to celebrating our Company Value Award Winners at our annual holiday party, we celebrate wins, big and small.
In addition, we have Unlimited PTO, remote work office reimbursements, learning and development stipends, and much more!
Explore nuvoair's company page
Some of the Unique Perks and Benefit at Seismic include:
- Seismic Activity - All-employee global company conference in San Diego headquarters held every few years
- Seismic Shift – Annual sales enablement conference and expo for clients and industry leaders
- President’s Club – All expenses paid trip at Four Seasons resort for quota-hitting sales reps and select top performers and their guest
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible time off for exempt U.S. employees. Take time you need when you need it, managing your own work/life balance and schedule
- Hybrid workplace including one paid in-office lunch day each week.
- Aftershock, Seismic’s own branded merchandise store, with periodic free swag drops for employees
- $1,000 annual professional development stipend
- Global fertility & family planning benefits through Progyny providing infertility treatment and financial assistance for adoption and surrogacy
- Wellbeing program through Lyra with 12 free coaching or counseling sessions for all employees and their families
- Charitable donation match program
- 9 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion communities of belonging with 33% employee membership
Explore seismic's company page
Some of the unique perks at Brightcove include:
- $500 home-office reimbursement (Make your home office dream a reality!)
- 12 weeks of parental leave at 100% pay with an additional 6-8 weeks of pay continuation for new moms
- Work from anywhere! Employees can choose to work 100% remote, 100% office, or hybrid
- Unlimited PTO for exempt employees (Your next vacation just got longer)
- Half day Friday! (Seriously, log off at noon)
- Lunch stipend on Tues/Wed/Thurs (Boston office)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Donation matching
- If you elect medical benefits through BCBS you are also eligible for:
- $150 weight-loss reimbursement
- $150 fitness reimbursement
- Reproductive Health Travel Benefits
Explore brightcove's company page
As a remote-native company, Appcues provides both a one-time home office setup budget as well as annual tech budgets to make sure our employees can set up the kind of workspace they need to be as comfortable and productive working from home as possible. Anything that person gets with these budgets are theirs to keep!
We have also just recently created a planned Sabbatical program for employees to leverage after they've been with the company for five years. We're excited to see our colleagues begin to take advantage of that opportunity to rest, relax, and pursue interests outside of work beyond what they typically have been able to do with our flexible time off program.
Explore appcues's company page
Some of the Unique Perks and Benefit at ReversingLabs include:
- Pet Insurance
- Remote Work Stipend: Up to $200.00 to cover the cost of your monthly internet and cellphone bills
- Flexible PTO: Take time when you need it! There is no cap on the amount of time needed each year
- Wellness Weekends: Three-day Quarterly weekends. Rest and recharge, along with an employee wellness gift
- Remote First Workplace: Work from anywhere in the US
- MEDICAL COVERAGE: Two plans, each 90% covered for employees and dependents. Additionally, 100% of the deductible cost is covered through an HRA account
- DENTAL AND VISION: 100% covered for employees and dependents
- BASIC LIFE AD & D, STD AND LTD: 100% covered
Explore reversinglabs' company page
Some of Motus's unique benefits and perks include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- $1,000 Home Office Reimbursement
- $2,000 Internal Referral Program
- BYO Reimbursement: Reimbursement for a portion of internet and cell phone costs
- 16 Weeks Maternity & Adoption Leave
- 8 Weeks Paternity Leave
- Modern Health: Robust benefit platform supporting all aspects of wellbeing: emotional, social, professional, physical & financial
- Peak Performers Circle: Our annual trip reward for top performing team members
- Verb: Learning platform that enables employees to develop themselves & apply essential people skills in the workplace
- Family Planning Benefits through Maven: All-in-one digital health platform that supports all paths to parenthood
At Amwell, we recognize that mental health is just as important is physical health. We offer 4 mental health days per year, Free Access to the Calm app, Free access to our Amwell Telehealth Services and SilverCloud Digital Mental Health Services.
Amwell Cares is a company-wide initiative to give as One Team. Through Amwell Cares, our employees have paid service days each year to volunteer at a charitable organization that they are passionate about. Employees can also participate in Amwell hosted events throughout the year dedicated to advancing health equity, hunger relief, and the environment.
Amwell offers half day Summer Fridays between Memorial Day to Labor Day allowing our employees a head start into the weekend. Amwell also offers a Summer Corporate Shutdown to give our employees extra time with their friends and family or to simply relax and recharge. In addition to this, Amwell has unlimited PTO!
Klaviyo Books Program: Whether you’re relaxing with a novel, reading about technology, or browsing a new cookbook, you can submit your book purchases for reimbursement. If you’re better off for having read it (or listened to it - audiobooks are covered too!) we’ll pay for it.
Learning Stipend: Klaviyos are always learning and always striving to become better teammates, people leaders, subject matter experts, and all around humans. That’s why we reimburse up to $3,000 USD in eligible learning expenses annually. Use it to level up your professional skills, or pursue a new craft outside of work.
Explore klaviyo's company page
Aside from insurance and 401k matching which we consider very important for our employees, we have a few unique benefits and perks we are proud to offer for our employees.
First and foremost being Flex Fridays. Employees can end their day at 3PM, keep their day free of any meetings, and are even encouraged to take up to 2 Fridays a month off.
Next is our wellness reimbursement which may be self explanatory. Employees have a budget each month to reimburse something wellness related.
And lastly, we are rolling out brand new fertility benefits for everyone in addition to our new family leave policy which grants employees 12 weeks of paid leave any time after their child is born or adopted.
Our people are at the core of our success and we understand your quality of life shapes your quality of work which is one of the reasons we cover 100% of employees and their families health, dental and vision premiums.
Paperless Parts offers employees to submit for reimbursement up to $150 a quarter for any wellness related activity (Peloton membership, massage, yoga,gym classes, new sneakers, acupuncture, etc.) Use that money towards anything that helps to improve your physical or mental health!
Every Friday, we offer “Focus Fridays” from 2-5PM EST. This is your dedicated time to get caught up on work and emails with no interruptions with meetings or slack messages!
Explore paperless parts' company page
FlyMates are provided 2 paid days off per year to volunteer for a social cause of their choosing. We estimate that FlyMates volunteered over 1,600 hours in 2022 alone.
Flywire provides unique volunteering opportunities for our global FlyMates. One popular corporate service trip is with the non-profit, School The World, which fights extreme poverty through education in Latin America. In the past three years, FlyMates have helped build three schools in Guatemala.
A Digital Disconnect Day is the opportunity for each FlyMate to take an entire day to spend time away from Flywire (i.e, disconnect and ‘unplug’ from devices) and to enjoy time alone or with family and friends. We encourage each FlyMate to be diligent about disconnecting as best you can when taking a DDD. For example, we encourage FlyMates to spend the time on self-care, hobbies, or anything you enjoy that recharges you.
Explore flywire's company page
We do late start Mondays - we don't technically open for business until noon EST every Monday - getting rid of those Sunday Scaries.
We have full company offsites 2x a year - all expenses paid - to focus on building relationships not so much on work.
Explore flipside crypto's company page
A few of 1upHealth's unique benefits include:
- One week paid vacation BEFORE you start working, so that you are rejuvenated when you join!
- Summer Fridays, which equate to every other Friday off in the summer months.
- Wellness stipend: $350 dollar a quarter reimbursable wellness stipend (ie: gym membership, massage, running shoes, etc).
- Anniversary travel bonuses. At your 2 year mark you receive $2,000 to take a vacation, at your 5 year mark you receive $5,000 to take a vacation.
- 100% covered health insurance for employees of 1upHealth.
Explore 1uphealth's company page
Some of Hudl's unique benefits and perks include:
- Carrot (Fertility Health Care) – Hudl provides this as a benefit to all employees enrolled in a medical plan, lifetime benefit of up to 10k / family. This service supports fertility education, preservation, adoption, pregnancy assistance, and more!
- Company-wide shutdowns two times during the year (outside of unlimited PTO) to allow all employees to be able to take time away from work at the same time
- Full-time employees celebrating 5-year anniversaries receive a paid sabbatical, with additional stipends for those that stay on longer (i.e. 7 years, 10 years, 15 years, etc.)
Some of PathAI's unique benefits and perks include:
- Spring Health membership - mental health & wellness benefit Employees start by taking a quick assessment, screening for a variety of mental health conditions, so that Spring Health can craft a care plan personalized to their needs. If a therapist is right for you, you can easily find a provider and book sessions that fit your schedule. Providers are available in under 2 days, on average, and on evenings and weekends. They also offer an on-demand library of in-app exercises promoting positive mental health habits. This benefit is available to all of our employees!
- Parentaly - A coaching benefit for birth moms to help them with pre-leave planning and return to work integration. This benefit takes some of the stress off of new moms going out on leave or returning to the office after a leave of absence.
- LinkedIn Learning - All our employees have access to LinkedIn Learning, a professional development platform with over 18,000 courses taught by industry experts on every topic imaginable. We use this resource for individual growth as well as team and company training opportunities.
- Office in the heart of Fenway - We love our beautiful office in the heart of Fenway, complete with a kitchen fully stocked with snacks and drinks, a game room, and a roof deck with an amazing view of the Boston skyline. To celebrate our proximity to Fenway Park, we also raffle off free tickets to employees throughout the season!
Bamboo Health values wholistic employee well-being, offering an array of benefits that support one’s emotional, physical, and financial health. Aside from core benefit offerings, employees have access to free subscriptions to Calm and Rocket Lawyer along with gym, fitness, and tuition reimbursements. We also offer a wellness program tied to steeply discounted medical premiums. To promote better financial health, we have a competitive 401k plan with a company match and a financial advisor available by request. At the heart of our focus on employee well-being are our flexible time off policies and our results-oriented work environment, which are critical to developing workplace resilience.
Explore bamboo health's company page
Recorded Future strives to be a workplace where builders thrive. To do so, we put a big focus on growth through learning and development. At Recorded Future, we dedicate a significant yearly budget to support Futurists' professional development which funds: internal learning tools, external training, attending conferences and/or participating in certificate programs. Employees at all levels of the organization also have access to the Futurist Academy. The program includes 3 pillars: “Propel the Future”, top of the line onboarding and assimilation programs for every futurist; “Create your Future”, skill building and learning opportunities to drive career growth; and “Lead the Future”, management and leadership development for managers. Additionally, in 2022 we ran a women's mentorship program to strengthen the foundation of inclusion, equity, connection, and belonging for women at Recorded Future and to provide participants the opportunity to develop, learn and expand their careers. The Women’s Mentorship Program ran for eight months which included regular mentor sessions, networking opportunities and learning and development activities. In 2023, in partnership with our ERG members and leaders, we are looking to launch an ERG focused mentorship program. Finally, we also offer an emerging and senior leader coaching program: leaders participate in a 6 month program with monthly coaching sessions with an externally leadership coach.
Explore recorded future's company page
Some of Arcadia's unique benefits and perks include:
- Pet insurance
- Home office furniture/tech program to help refresh your home office when needed
- No meeting Fridays
- Support charities through easy payroll deductions
- Quarterly wellness rewards
- Annual $150 fitness reimbursement
- Sping fitness challenge
Explore arcadia's company page
At HealthEdge Inc. we appreciate the hard work and commitment of our employees and are proud to offer a variety of benefits. What makes us different? Aside from the traditional health, dental and life insurance, we also offer Ginger Mental Health Services which provides emotional and mental health support through personal coaching, 18 company-paid holidays, unlimited sick time, 14 weeks of Parental Bonding Leave, and pet insurance to name a just a few.
Explore healthedge's company page
Some unique perks & benefits we offer are:
- Fully remote & flexible work arrangements
- Generous leave policy (25 days of annual leave, 5 days of life events leave, 1 birthday leave, unlimited bereavement leave) - applicable to our global employees including US employees
- Wellness budget
- Work from home budget
- Professional development budget
Explore virtual internships's company page
Some of Flexcar's unique benefits and perks include:
- A free Flexcar membership & a significant discount on our Flexcars
- Bravely coaching
- In office meals 2x a week
- Commuter reimbursement for our HQ/in office employees!
Explore flexcar's company page
Some unique perks & benefits Benchling offers are:
- Two week-long company shutdowns in (July and December)
- Modern Health - 10 free therapy sessions and 10 free coaching sessions for employees and their dependents
- 24 hours of volunteer time off per calendar year and company donation matching of up to $2k per quarter
- Carrot inclusive family-forming and fertility benefits - $20k
- 100% of premiums covered for medical, dental, vision insurance and 75% premiums covered for dependents
- $1k professional growth stipend
- Monthly wellness and transportation stipend
- Team bonding stipend
- Flexible Time Off
Explore benchling's company page
At EngageSmart, we expanded benefits to continue to put our team members’ well-being first and provide them with the support they deserve. Each year, EngageSmart offers three company-wide mental health days (outside of bank holidays), meant to encourage team members to unplug and focus on their health. Through mental health platforms such as Modern Health, our employees have access to eight certified personal coaching sessions per year, digital courses & mediations, and eight one-on-one licensed therapy sessions per year. To support team members who are caretakers, EngageSmart provides access to a premium Care.com membership which includes five subsidized back-up care days for children, seniors, and pets when regular care is unavailable. To give team members flexibility to determine how to best meet personal preferences in their work environment, EngageSmart offers a Remote Work Stipend for part-time and full-time team members.
Explore ENGAGESMART's company page
Our two most fun perks/benefits are:
Employee of the Month Award: each month we ask the team to nominate someone who has had an outstanding impact on RapDev or one of our customers. The winner has the opportunity to select where RapDev donates $1,000 that month. We love it because we get to recognize our colleagues for their incredible work while also giving back to our community!
Concerts for Commuters: to thank the team who deals with Boston traffic, we started a monthly raffle for concert/sporting event tickets. The raffle is held on a random day each month, and anyone who is in office that day can participate. The winner gets $500 to spend toward a concert or sporting event of their choice. We believe strongly in the power of in-person collaboration and learning, but we recognize it's not always easy to make the trip in. This is one of the ways (along with subsidized parking/t passes and free lunches) we show our appreciation for our commuters.
Linus Health has a monthly Flex Day. It's something they offer that is on top of PTO and can be used to take a day with the family, take a mental health day, or for others who would like to get some project work done without slack or emails chiming in, they can use it in that way.
Explore LINUS HEALTH's company page
We reward our Gurus' curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and perks. These include excellent versions of the basics, equity for all employees, plus...
- Free lunch in-office: Gurus choose from 4-7 local restaurants each day. We ensure options include the diverse cuisines of our local communities and accommodate food allergies and preferences
- Sabbaticals: Get one month off after 5 years at CarGurus, and another after 10. Gurus use this time to take dream vacations, visit family abroad, attend playoff games--or do nothing at all
- Commuter benefits: We cover 100% of your parking, train fare, and other expenses depending on how you travel to work. Walking or biking to the office? That's covered through a quarterly stipend
- Fertility health benefits: We provide fertility health and family-forming benefits through Carrot Fertility. These include assisted reproduction like in vitro fertilization, preservation like egg or sperm freezing, adoption, gestational carrier arrangements, pregnancy, menopause, and more
- CarGurus' "Auto Perk": Buying a car? Eligible employees receive a contribution toward their purchase to use at qualifying dealers
Explore CARGURUS' company page
Some perks at Vestmark include:
- Vestmark pays 90% of medical premium
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks and drinks
- Fun Events: “Battle of the Brains” employee trivia contests, Virtual Game Nights, Chili Cookoff, Breakfast served by the Executive Team, Fall Festival
- DEI Events: Women’s Forum, Diwali Celebration, Chinese & Korean New Year
- Many Volunteer & Charity events including: Build A Bed for Every Child; Annual backpack drive for REACH; Heart of Giving Charity Program Boxed Vestmark swag for all new hires
- Mentor program
- National Intern Day celebration
- Workplace flexibility
- Pre-IPO equity (RSU shares) for all new hires
Explore VESTMARK'S company page
O'Reilly has many unique benefits including:
- Paid day off on your birthday
- A flexible, fully-remote work environment
- Work From Home Stipends (one-time $600 plus $40/monthly)
- International work benefit:
At O’Reilly, we encourage employees to do their best work by supporting them wherever they might be doing it—offering them the opportunity to combine their professional and personal passions. Simply put, eligible O’Reilly employees have the benefit of working remotely from anywhere in the internet-connected world for up to 20 business days per year. Eligible employees can enjoy more flexibility around where and how they work while being mindful of how their productivity affects their coworkers and the organization as a whole.