In recognition of International Women's Day and this year's theme #EmbraceEquity, we reached out to companies asking the following question:
How is your company recognizing International Women's Day?
Here are their responses.
Weekly post: Woman of the Week featuring women in leadership and their stories of how their career journey led them to their current position.
International Women's Day - EDB will be putting together a blog post about how women at EDB feel supported as employees of EDB. Stories will center around mental health, physical health, and general well-being.
Other posts in March: Women at EDB share how they achieve work-life balance. Highlight aspiring women in tech.
Employee Spotlight (monthly content from EDB).
In addition, we are also launching a social media campaign where members of our ERG, Womxn at Starburst, are nominating women who inspire them and who have helped them progress in their careers. We are very excited to share our stories in honor of this important month of celebration!
We have a weekly round of trivia on Wednesdays and we are dedicating the month of March to trivia highlighting women's history. This gives all Arcadians a chance to interact and learn about women who have shaped the world we live in today. This is one of our favorite weekly activities to engage in as a company for some fun and learning.
We also are also going to share informational posts in our company's general and Diversity and Inclusion channels to help encourage conversations about women who inspire us. Each week is highlighting someone important and has made an impact in women's worlds. Employees will engage in a conversation sharing who their most inspirational women are and how they have influenced their lives.
While the industry has much more progress to make in advancing diversity, this scholarship program is a step toward fostering a more equitable and inclusive landscape of tech professionals and leaders who have the potential to make a positive impact in our world. Applications are being accepted now through March 31. More details can be found here: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity/scholarship-program.html.
Our Gilt brand is launching an Inspire & Empower on International Women’s Day boutique (accessible via Gilt.com) and will donate 10% of the boutique’s proceeds to support Project Glimmer, whose mission is to inspire every girl to envision and realize her empowered future.
- Our wellness events include a Women’s Health Sessions as well as virtual and in person gym classes in aid of our partner charities Jane Doe Inc. in the US and Saoirse Women’s Refuge.
- We will also be spotlighting Women at Workhuman and encouraging them to share their stories and help inspire more to embrace equity.
- Our Women and Allies ERG will be partnering with our DEI ERG and their Book Club during the month of March and will be featuring the Voices in the Shadow book showcasing the journeys of 51 Black women who impacted the tech industry. Our very own, Alma Tarfa, Associate Manager, Engineering features in the book.
- The ERG will also be hosting a panel with Diversity and Inclusion Speaker, Furkan Karayel and Presenter and Author Emer O'Neill discussing this year's theme #embraceequity and visability in the workplace.
- Our Talent Development team will be curating a collection of trainings/resources and materials to encourage team members to learn and educate themselves further.