The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Salesforce.com Developer to join our team. As a key member of our Customer Applications and M&A Integration team, you will be responsible for creating scalable, secure, and sustainable business solutions that drive our organization's success. You will collaborate closely with our IT Salesforce Architects, Business Analysts, Admins and business functions to ensure that our solutions meet the needs of all stakeholders.
In this role, you will play a critical role in the development and delivery of Salesforce.com solutions to enhance operational capabilities, insights, and data quality. We are looking for a self-motivated and collaborative team player who is passionate about Salesforce.com development and always strives for excellence in deploying newly defined solutions or continuously improve existing systems to drive our success.
- Lead Salesforce.com development projects from conception to deployment, working closely with project managers and other stakeholders to ensure timely and successful delivery.
- Create technical specifications or stories, configure, or develop code and integrations, and perform unit testing to ensure the quality of the solution.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure a preference towards low-code development and adherence to Salesforce.com best practices and quality standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize business requirements and develop solutions that meet the needs of the organization.
- Work closely with the IT Architects and Salesforce.com administration team to ensure the integrity of data and security controls in the system.
- Continuously improve development processes and methodologies to ensure that the team is using the latest and most efficient tools and techniques.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to other members of the team to help them grow their skills and advance in their careers.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Salesforce.com development and integrations, providing guidance and support to other teams across the organization.
- Participate in user acceptance testing and provide support to end-users during system deployments and upgrades.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Salesforce.com development technologies, trends, and best practices, and provide thought leadership on how to apply these to improve the organization's business processes.
What You'll Need
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience as an IT professional and 5 years as a Salesforce.com Developer.
- Direct experience designing and implementing portal-based solutions for customers and partners. Preferred experience with Salesforce Customer Experience Cloud and Community Cloud.
- Experience with standard Salesforce Quote and Contract objects.
- Preferred: experience with Salesforce CPQ and integrated contract or CLM applications.
- Strong technical skills in Apex, Visualforce, SOQL, Lightning, and other Salesforce.com development technologies.
- Experience in conducting technical walkthroughs, code reviews, and developing technical standards.
- Experience in migrating complex solutions into the production environment.
- Proven ability to quickly reverse engineer existing, legacy configurations and code to solve future problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Strong understanding of core business processes and industry best practices in lead-to-opportunity, quote-to-cash, support operations and master data management.
- Experience evaluating, implementing, and maintaining AppExchange managed packages.
- Preferred: Certified Platform Developer (I or II).
- Independent worker, self-guided, proactive employee desired.
- Team player, comfortable in a Hybrid waterfall, agile/scrum environment.
- Ability to make timely decision, dealing with ambiguity and shifting priorities.
- Keeps current on technology, enjoys learning new things about CRM and SFDC platform.