The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
Reporting to the Vice President, Tax of Aspen Technology, Inc., this is a leadership role overseeing the calculation of the quarterly and year end world-wide consolidated tax provision under the guidance of ASC 740 and related tax footnote disclosures. The individual is also responsible for providing all data necessary for the completion of the US federal and state tax returns to the company's external compliance provider. This is a hands-on role, interacting and collaborating with other Finance teams and outside service providers to ensure the timely and accurate execution of tax functions. This position will oversee a total of 5 tax team: 1 in Houston TX, 1 in Sao Paolo Brazil,
and 3 in Bedford, MA.
- Lead all aspects of the companys tax accounting functions, including quarterly and year-end worldwide consolidated tax provisions and related SEC disclosure using Onesource Tax Provision (OTP).
- Manage all US federal and state tax filing/compliance activities, including estimated tax payments and extensions.
- Maintain global tax calendar and ensure that all tax filing requirements are in accordance with taxing regulations around the globe.
- Manage external tax advisors in the preparation of the company's Federal, State income tax returns.
- Reviews US Federal and State tax data requests and responses for information provided to the external compliance service provider.
- Oversee preparations of non-US income tax returns by external tax service providers.
- Oversee calculations of Uncertain Tax Positions and related interest and support recognition and measurement of various tax positions.
- Oversee reviews of all tax systems/processes for the compliance/tax accounting function and recommend process improvement initiatives for more efficiency and accuracy.
- Provide tax forecasts (expense and cash impact) to the FP&A team for budgeting and forecasting purposes.
- Monitor and analyze tax regulatory and compliance developments, accounting pronouncements, and tax law changes and determine the implications for the Company.
- Partner with Internal Audit to ensure the tax function maintains strong internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Assist VP Tax with special projects including M&A and integration initiatives.
- Manage IRS and state income tax audits.
- Provide support, direction and leadership to tax team members.
What You'll Need
- Master's in Taxation and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of related tax experience at a multinational company and/or public accounting firm.
- Experience with tax provisions prepared in accordance with ASC 740.
- Experience preparing and reviewing tax returns.
- Experience in managing and administering federal and state tax audits.
- Experience in supervising and managing a team.
- Experience in Oracle preferred.
- Experience in tax technology, including visualization tools, and tax compliance software preferred (e.g., Corptax, OneSource, HFM, SAP, Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI etc.) and excellent skills in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of financial statements and financial reporting.
- Strong tax research and analytical skills.
- Strong and broad-based knowledge of Federal, State and US international tax compliance skills and experience, including recent US Tax Reforms.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple complex assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex tax matters to internal and external stakeholders.
- A strong work ethic and passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with ability to roll-up sleeves and dig into the details, and passionate about process improvements and efficiencies.
- Attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Responsible and accountable.