The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
We are seeking thought leaders who have a passion for showing our customers a better way to solve their business challenges. As an SME for our Chemicals business, you are an expert in the challenges within the Chemicals (specialty chemicals and bulk chemicals) industry and can market AspenTech products in ways to solve for them. We serve our Chemicals customers who come from various segments: Specialty, Polymers, Agrichem, Industrial Gases to name a few. The ideal candidate can lead business development in the subsegments of Chemical industry, with a consultative approach to solutioning. Expertise in one or more of the segments is a core requirement for the roles.
Demonstrating breadth of the industry expertise, and reasonable depth in understanding of the solutions and offerings, you will be capable of shaping a complete solution targeting the specific business drivers - from pre-sales through design and delivery of the solution. You will be working closely with our regional teams, sales as well as solution consultants to elevate conversations from products to business results for our clients.
The role is also responsible for providing the roadmap to Chemicals marketing materials, as well as support and execute on sales/marketing campaigns. As a solution consultant, you will partner with product solution consultants to create market specific solutions and delivery through sales. This involves maintaining a keen understanding of the AspenTech product strategy, value enablers, professional services and partner execution capabilities, and sales pipeline to drive opportunities where AspenTech solutions can bring significant business value to our customers within the industry as well as to AspenTech.
- Partner with AspenTech sales teams during the sales cycle to lead in consultative discovery process with customers, be able to articulate our portfolio, use cases and applications for Chemicals (Bulk & Specialty) customers.
- Contribute to the development of industry and segment specific solutions for the Chemicals customer. This is predominantly a client facing position that will have you leading value discovery customer sessions, assessing customer needs, and developing solutions and value proposition.
- Determine and understand prospective clients critical business issues in order to present and demonstrate AspenTechs software capabilities as the best possible solution to win the business with focus on technical solution, business value and competitive differentiation.
- Lead and contribute to co-creation of client-specific solutions on the AspenTech platform using all the available tool options, driving innovation both for the client and for AspenTech.
- Develop robust recommendations, proposals and scope of work documents for AspenTech Consulting engagements while also identifying critical dependencies & gaps.
- Accountable to consult with customers and advise on the relevant AspenTech solutions, services and establish a credible value proposition.
- Develop & execute sales campaigns and plans together with the sales teams
- Work with the Sales team to identify and qualify business opportunities, to identify key customer technical challenges and to develops solutions to meet the business needs.
- Proactively support pipeline development (e.g. marketing, account planning, awareness sessions, etc.) and sales execution (e.g. strategy for accounts and opportunities) in the assigned accounts and opportunities.
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of experience and credibility within the Chemicals industry, with solid knowledge of industry challenges around Bulk & Specialty Chemicals.
- A strong understanding of the Dual Challenge faced by the Chemicals industry (Sustainability and Energy Transition) with an ability to interact with potential clients and talk knowledgeably about their work processes.
- Previous experience of consultant, pre-sales, professional services consultant type of role particularly Chemicals experience. (Polymers, Agrichem, Industrial Gases experience is advantageous)
- Understanding of different facets of the business: Design, Operate, Maintain.
- Understanding of cloud, SaaS solutions, ML/AI and the impact of these solutions in the process industry.
- Understanding of sustainability issues would be a plus.
- Strong drive to solve customer problems and rapidly convert pipeline opportunities into closed deals.
- Balance of business and technology acumen, including ability to articulate high-level technical solutions to business problems and the differentiated value those solutions can provide.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills, including ability to create clear observations, analysis and conclusions based on customer interviews and data.
- International travel approximately 50%.