The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
AspenTech is a market leader, providing software that optimizes process manufacturing including oil and gas, petroleum, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. The Inside Sales Account Manager (ISAM) will develop an understanding of AspenTechs value to customers to overachieve sales targets in an assigned, quota-carrying territory. This person will work as a member of a sales team which includes business consulting, customer support and sales operations.
The ISAM role is directly responsible for generating revenue by selling AspenTechs products using proven sales methodologies taught in an onboarding program. The ISAM role is an opportunity to join an industry-leading team while building a strong foundation of skills centered on our customers business goals, needs and value.
- Consistently meet or exceed individual quota.
- An energetic self-starter who is capable of quickly building a strong pipeline.
- Must be results-driven and capable of delivering consistent new business and able to grow existing business.
- Communicate AspenTechs value proposition by understanding, at a high level, engineering and process manufacturing terminology and concepts, and the business problems that AspenTechs solutions solve.
- Demonstrate effective selling and presentation techniques to influence the customer.
- Successfully build and progress pipeline through proactive outbound calling efforts to existing customers and prospects:
- Develop relationships with new prospects by following up on inbound leads and online evaluations; proactive cold calling; following up on outbound marketing campaigns.
- Displace competitors by calling out to customers that have competitive products currently installed.
- Renew and grow existing AspenTech footprint within existing accounts.
- Has an understanding of the customers buying process.
- Accurately forecast sales achievement.
- Negotiate contracts and business terms and conditions.
- Develop and execute territory plan to maximize revenue.
- Assist in the mentoring and support of junior teammates
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2-5 years in a lead development or sales role.
- A positive attitude, personal integrity, highly disciplined and organized, a desire to win and results-driven.
- Team oriented, self-starter who can work alone and is willing to be coached in a collaborative manner to achieve team goals.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Familiarity with Aspen or similar products a plus in addition to process industry knowledge.
- Personal computer literacy including, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM tools (Salesforce)