The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
This position entails being a member of a team responsible for the Companys international entities with primary responsibility for foreign statutory reporting and compliance. The position includes managing relationships with local service providers located in various countries around the globe and applying local and US GAAP accounting principles to prepare accurate and timely statutory reporting and related analyses.
- Ensure compliance with all country specific statutory accounting, tax and regulatory filings for countries/entities supported.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP accounting standards.
- Manage local annual audit and financial statement reporting process and prepare necessary schedules, reconciliations and analyses.
- Support and review all indirect tax filings for assigned entities.
- Compile and analyze financial information and prepare fluctuation analyses.
- Support all Local Service Provider relationships, supplying and reconciling all necessary reports and analyses, closely communicating and coordinating with provider.
- Monthly reconciliations of local to US GAAP results.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and internal accounting controls.
- Suggest and contribute to process improvements.
- Create various analyses, forecasts and lead ad hoc projects.
- Interpret local gaap accounting concepts and implement solutions.
- Operate under minimal supervision with latitude for independent action.
- Manage deliverables and prioritize tasks.
- May co-ordinate activities of others/the team. (team leader)
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- 5+ years of relevant GL accounting or financial reporting experience, including experience with international accounting.
- Highly motivated and able to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and quantitative skills.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Public accounting experience/CPA preferred.
- Experience in a large public company preferred.
- Oracle or related ERP experience preferred.