Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veevas Vault Platform enables rapid development of enterprise applications for our Life Sciences customers. Vault applications, which are built on the Vault platform, enable our customers to run and manage clinical trials, ensure compliance with regulations, safely manufacture and produce life-saving medicines, and more. The Cloud Infrastructure team is responsible for utilizing a diverse set of cloud and open source technologies to deliver a massively scalable, robust, and highly available platform.
We are seeking Senior Software Engineers who are passionate about designing and implementing a highly available, distributed, and secure system on a cloud platform. The work you do will provide immutability across the application and database layers, including building database replication chains and the containerization of backend services.
You will be responsible for utilizing a diverse set of cloud and open-source technologies to deliver a massively scalable, robust, highly available, and immutable platform that powers all the applications built on Veeva Vault.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Product Management and Development team members on technical design and problem solving to come up with compelling solutions to complex problems
- Optimize and improve existing infrastructure, architecture, and processes to take advantage of cloud platforms
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, to support and maintenance
- Design and build systems that are scalable, highly available, and easily maintainable
- Build multi-tenant RESTful services at scale
- Hands-on programming experience with many AWS APIs and technologies: EC2, IAM, Route 53, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Container Service, S3, EBS, VPC, Security Groups
- 5+ years of commercial software development in Java
- Experience in configuring and developing with MySQL, including building replication chains and working with multi-master setup
- Current hands-on development experience with open-source technologies: Memcached, Spring, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat, Linux, MySQL
- Experience with scripting such as Linux Shell, Python
- Experience with Immutable Infrastructure and Infrastructure as Code patterns and technologies: Docker, Ansible, Packer, Vagrant, AWS SDK for Java
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
- Applicants must have the unrestricted right to work in the United States. Veeva will not provide sponsorship at this time
Nice to Have
- Experience with building enterprise software for business
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $110,000 - $270,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].