The VentureFizz Podcast: Aaron Feuer - Co-Founder and CEO of Panorama Education
Education has always been a passion for Aaron and what ended up being the inspiration behind Panorama actually began when he was in high school. As a student organizer, he got a bill passed in the state of California, which was an attempt at giving students a voice through feedback surveys. Although the bill was passed, it didn’t accomplish what he expected at all, and that frustration ultimately upped the ante for his mission to change the future of what education should be.
Aaron and his co-founders started Panorama Education when they were students at Yale, juggling coursework while embarking on this entrepreneurial journey. Today, Panorama is a venture-backed company ($32M raised) that helps schools collect & analyze data about social-emotional learning, school climate, engagement, and more through its Panorama Platform. The company currently serves 9 million students across 900 school districts.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- The Panorama journey, from the foundation years of building a company while in college to the current state of their business and products.
- His experience at Y Combinator, and why that time was so valuable.
- Advice on raising capital for first-time founders and how they raised initial seed funding from so many prominent investors like Mark Zuckerberg’s Startup:Education Fund (now known as the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative), Ashton Kutcher, Eric Ries, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork Capital, and Emerson Collective, which is the firm that was launched by Laurene Powell Jobs and led its most recent round of funding.
- Why focus and solving your customers’ pain points are so important for building out successful products.
- A deep discussion around how he learned to be a leader.
- Plus, a lot more.
Panorama Education is rapidly expanding the team! They are growing quickly and hiring for a number of key roles across the company including marketing, sales, product and client success leadership. Check out their BIZZpage on VentureFizz for a full list of opportunities: venturefizz.com/panorama.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!