This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing company at Virgin Pulse. Virgin Pulse is the leader in corporate wellness where we apply personalization, gamification, behavioral economics approaches to help employees be healthier and more productive together.
We are seeking passionate and experienced Product Managers to be responsible for product lines and to work collaboratively within an agile / lean methodology to bring world class products to market. This role requires “outside in” thinking that will continue to position us as the leader in the industry.
In this role, you will partner closely with many departments including sales, product marketing, implementation and engineering to ensure development in overall product delivery and lead overall launch initiatives. As the business owner, you will be a key stakeholder in pricing strategy, audience segmentation, competitive positioning, differentiation and content.
Must converse with technical and nontechnical stakeholders, easily translate customer needs into product requirements and translate value propositions into impactful, end user benefits messaging is required. We are looking for a product champion that can lead and motivate the go-to-market team to a successful launch and a leader with the skills to ensure end-to-end organization readiness.
- Contribute to the development of business plans, forecasting, pricing and positioning of the product offering
- Define and prioritize key target segments
- Determine new product features, with a mobile-first approach, and take them from ideation to launch/success evaluation
- Lead go-to-market team to a successful launch, including collaborating on marketing and sales launch plans
- Understand competitor offerings, including technology, market share, and competitive advantages
- Develop positioning and messaging documents to guide product owners and product marketing
- Develop product materials including presentations, and competitive analysis
- Collaborate with product marketing and deliver sales training for the sales and support teams
- Monitor, analyze and report on customer / user feedback
- Provide timely reporting of beta program and business performance
Required Education, Training, Knowledge and Experience
- 5-10 years of experience in SaaS product management in a fast-paced software development environment using Lean / Agile / scrum methodologies
- Pragmatic Marketing certifications are a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent field. MBA a plus
- Start-up experience is preferable
- Proven track record of launching new products, managing product releases and developing go-to-market strategies
- Must successfully partner with internal stakeholders from various parts of the organization and drive results within the group
- Proficiency in Microsoft business productivity applications
Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Highly self-motivated, passionate team orientated individual
- Framingham, MA (preferred) or Providence, RI office
Willingness to travel some to meet with customers, prospects occasionally