The Corporate Communications Specialist will help the global communications team, supporting internal and external communications, in areas including public relations, media relations, event planning, and content development. Working as part of the team, the communications specialist will build and track the visibility of iRobot and the company’s products in traditional and social media channels. Working in a fast paced and dynamic environment the communications specialist will play a supporting role in the overall management of the brand and image of a public company and consumer facing technology leader. The communications specialist will help manage the product reviews program, review/finalize daily communications to the executive team highlighting notable press coverage, work with press contacts by proactively pitching products and story ideas, as well as handle inbound requests for interviews, b‐roll and photography. This role requires an individual that has a passion for public relations, is high‐ energy, hyper‐organized, team driven, and detail oriented, with superior multi‐tasking skills.
The communications specialist will also work with the internal communications team to assist in the development and maintenance of content on iRobot’s corporate intranet. They will help to research and write articles about public relations activities, media stories and other topics in a conversational style that engages readers. The communications specialist will also interface with a number of key departments (executive, marketing, customer service, IT etc.) to source ideas and content for intranet articles that captures readers' interest, while promoting company objectives and messages. The communications specialist will also assist with other efforts that support internal and employment brand initiatives.
The communications specialist will also work to manage logistics for a range of internal and external events in the US and overseas, including company meetings, product launch events and company celebrations.
What You Will Do:
- Build long‐term, trusted media relationships with journalists and bloggers at the top national consumer, broadcast, technology and vertical outlets.
- Support the public relations and internal communications teams to plan, develop and execute on programs that build a favorable public image for iRobot, company executives and consumer products, including Roomba, Braava, Terra and Root.
- Manage logistics for a range of internal and external events, including company meetings, product launch events and company celebrations.
- Reporting ‐ including daily monitoring and reporting on iRobot coverage to key executives across the country and internationally.
- Help manage logistics for the iRobot product reviews and awards programs to ensure fair and positive evaluations of iRobot products.
- Assist with preparing press releases, announcements, articles and other written communications.
- Maintain media lists.
- Maintenance of internal communications editorial calendar.
- Develop internally facing communications, including intranet content and organizational announcements.
- Provide employees with brand resources, including logos and templates.
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- Effectively manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Communicate simply and effectively, pose excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Have relentlessly high standards and be detail oriented.
- Work with a sense of urgency while organizing and prioritizing tasks.
- Be comfortable in an environment where responsibilities are broadly defined, resources are limited and collaboration is critical to success.
- Possess an innate ability to conversate with people.
- Telephone and email contact with members of the editorial community.
- Comfortably work with international employees and media.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a communications-related field.
- 1+ years of experience in a related communications field and interest in public relations, internal communications, etc.
- Interest in technology.
- Computer proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs).
- Knowledge of PR tools, such as Cision, TV Eyes and other communications platforms is a plus.
- Knowledge of social media channels, including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Basic graphic design/image editing a plus.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team coordinating multiple tasks.
We are the leading global consumer robot company, designing and building robots that empower people to do more, both inside and outside of the home. To date, we have sold over 25 million robots and globally employ more than 1,000 of the robot industry’s best and brightest. iRobot is committed to fostering invention, discovery and technological exploration in the pursuit of practical and valuable robot products for the home.
iRobot is headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts with offices in California, Europe, Japan, China & Hong Kong. Imagine the future you could help us build as a fellow iRoboteer.
More Jobs From