Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are passionate about online video, and day in and day out we help our customers focus on using video to move their business in meaningful ways, whether thats in broadcasting or publishing, marketing, or enterprise communications. We do this through continuous technical innovation, nurturing a broad video-centric ecosystem, and by being a true partner to our customers. Video moves us and it moves our customers, nearly 5,500 of them in 70 countries.
We are the infrastructure team. We are responsible for the real keys to the kingdom. The systems. The networks. The databases. The stuff that makes the applications run. Our scale is large: multiple datacenters, just about all of the AWS regions, thousands of hosts, petabytes of data, huge internet pipes. We rely heavily on the open-source community and do our part to give back.
As a Systems Engineer II at Brightcove, you will build, operate, scale and troubleshoot all of Brightcoves infrastructure. You will:
- Write tools for systems and infrastructure automation
- Work with other teams to make sure that infrastructure and applications work harmoniously together via a devops mentality
- Implement metrics for availability, performance, and capacity monitoring
- Monitor the health of our production infrastructure
- Provide operations coverage as part of an on-call pager rotation
- Design architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems
- Work on projects with team members
- Optimize our infrastructure at both the software and hardware level
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of Brightcove services
- Write tooling for automation
- Collaborate with development teams
- Contribute to open source projects
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Solid understanding of Linux/UNIX
- Good understanding of Ethernet, IP switching/routing, TCP, UDP
- Ability to write new code in at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Understanding of high-availability architectures
- Familiarity with configuration management concepts (Puppet or Chef)
- Understand usage of distributed source control (Git)
- Familiarity with virtualization (Xen, KVM, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with systems performance tools (e.g. dtrace, strace) is a plus
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as AWS or GCP is a plus
- Database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL) is a plus
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and generous benefits regarding insurance and paid time off.
Brightcove is headquartered in Boston and this role is located in our Guadalajara office which is located in Puerta de Hierro, part of the metropolitan area of Guadalajara. The office has an open yet focused working space layout and employees enjoy access to stocked kitchens with daily catered lunches and social activities that celebrate a variety of personal interests.
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.