Veeva develops cloud software that helps the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotechs run clinical trials and get medicines to the patients that need them. Veevas enterprise product suite is ubiquitous in the life sciences industry.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company, so you can connect with teams in our new office at 100 Summer Street in Boston while also having the flexibility to work remotely from home. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
This is a top software engineer job that incorporates everything youve worked so hard for. And with the mission of creating cloud software that helps speed up the innovation and delivery of critical treatments and medicines to patients around the globe, it simply doesnt get any more important than this.
Your impact as a seasoned technical problem-solver will mean you will be focused on building software that can not only scale for heavy use, but that can also evolve with new features and capabilities. And because this senior role is independent, you will have equal influence to drive the direction of the build, be an advisor to product leadership and mentor freshly minted software engineers in their new career.
What Youll Do
- Collaborate with Product Management and Development team members on technical design and problem solving to come up with compelling solutions to problems.
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, and support and maintenance.
- Quickly break down complex problems into potential solutions, accounting for knowns and unknowns, in order to get to solid resolutions faster.
- Passion to mentor and guide engineers at all levels
- Define, evangelize and mentor on best practices and coding standards.
- Extensive experience reviewing code engineers of all levels.
- 12+ years of software development experience
- Extensive experience developing enterprise SaaS cloud applications
- Proven track record of building high volume products at scale
- Hands-on development experience with current open source tools and technologies (Java, Spring, MySQL, Hibernate, Maven, Git, Jenkins, AspectJ, Messaging, Solr, and Lucene)
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving startup environment
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you currently reside in the State of Colorado, relocation would be required for this position.