Advance your Career at Solaria Labs, a Liberty Mutual Endeavor
Lead DevOps & Site Reliability Engineer - Solaria Labs
Who we are:
Solaria Labs was created by Liberty Mutual Insurance with one simple mandate: to bring disruptive innovations that make a better, safer future. We pursue this mandate by building and testing experimental new products based on customer centric research around emerging trends.
Why you may enjoy working at Solaria:
As a lead Site Reliability Engineer at Solaria, you will demonstrate project infrastructure ownership throughout the prototyping lifecycle to build and release disruptive new products as part of an agile product development team. This is a high visibility role allowing you to share your knowledge and skills with developers, product owners, and stakeholders to foster a collaborative environment.
You want to be part of a collaborative innovation lab exploring emerging technologies including natural language processing/understanding and computer vision, and emerging trends like insuretech/fintech and the sharing economy.
- You act as a strong advocate for continuous integration, continuous delivery, quality assurance, and test/process automation.
- You are skilled in troubleshooting production issues and coordinating with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- You are able to analyze code and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects.
- You can collaborate with senior team members to improve the companys engineering tools, systems and processes.
- You enjoy experimenting with the latest innovative trends in CI/CD automation.
- You can work under limited supervision, participating as a technical expert in planning, analysis, test design / test development, test execution, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software to achieve desired results and documents appropriate aspects of those deliverables.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical discipline or a related discipline and generally 8+ years` experience in building custom DevOps CI/CD automation frameworks that can extend across a portfolio of software prototypes in a fast-paced start up environment
Solid experience in managing dockerized, microservice-based infrastructures.
- Experience deploying solutions within various cloud computing infrastructures including AWS, Azure and/or GCP.
- Deep knowledge of modern CI/CD and automation tools such as Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI, Bamboo, or similar tools.
Strong knowledge of scripting and automation.
Experience in source code management through Git and GitHub, or similar.
You are flexible and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
- Working knowledge of process engineering, change management and test case generation techniques.
- Ability to plan and implement all aspects of the testing process in application areas that have no current testing support.
- Requires excellent analytical ability, consultative and communication skills, strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change effectively.
Weve already launched a few products and one company since we started for examples, see www.totalhomescore.com, https://developers.solarialabs.com/, https://www.trydwellbeing.com/, and www.getcertainly.com. We also focus on applying emerging technologies like machine learning and telematics to improve our insurance-focused business operations. As part of a Fortune 100 company, we have a lot of data to work with and opportunities to improve the lives of thousands of employees and hundreds of thousands of customers! We are growing fast, building a team of innovators who are passionate about technology, entrepreneurial, willing to experiment with the latest open source technologies.
Benefits & Culture:
Liberty Mutual is a company that cares, offering excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more. We are highly recognized as a best place to work; http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacestoWork as well as one of the Best Employers for the following:
Best Employers for Diversity http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlaces-for-Diversity
Best Employers for Women; http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen
Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads
To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers.
More Jobs From