Group Program Manager
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
The TripAdvisor Experiences team is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate Group Program Manager to manage our growth in international markets. You will work on traveler and supplier facing products to deliver experience that acknowledges unique differences in language, culture and business practices around the world.
In this role, you will guide international strategy and prioritisation, coordinate work across initiatives and liaise with stakeholders across TripAdvisor. You will translate business needs into product plans that incorporate appropriate research and stakeholder input. To be a successful candidate, you will be passionate about data, able to craft a vision, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Your communication skills allow you to excel at collaborating in a global team environment, working in several time zones.
In the Experiences business unit, you will have the opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing area at TripAdvisor, where you will have a lot of ownership and will be contributing directly to TripAdvisor growth and success.
The Group Program Manager will be based in our Needham office.
What Youll Do:
- Influence decision-making at the highest levels of the company. Youll create international product strategy and roadmaps that identify areas where improvement is needed; and capitalize on unmet opportunities.
- Develop requirements, specifications, and work with engineering to deliver enhancements to our consumer experience to acknowledge differences in language, culture and business practices around the world.
- Define success metrics for new projects and track them on a regular basis to ensure that all projects and existing functionality are moving towards our defined goals.
- Perform research across international markets to understand how our product offering stacks up against our direct competitors.
- Coordinate work across various international initiatives and liaise with stakeholders across TripAdvisor
- Automate as much as possible, and develop scalable processes in a high volume environment.
What Were Looking For:
- 6+ years of project & product management experience
- 2+ years successfully managing and mentoring a team of project or product managers as direct reports
- Creativity and curiosity. A creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about our business and product.
- Excellent communication skills. Being able to communicate efficiently both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Project management skills. Someone with responsibility to ensure multiple projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner. Experience with agile methodologies highly preferred.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results drive environment with multiple responsibilities.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.
- Experience with international expansion, especially to APAC markets, will be a plus.
- A passion for high quality user experience and travel.