Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. There are options for working from home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
As a Java Clinical Programmer, you will be working in a fast-paced, challenging environment with the Veeva Systems Professional Services group. Our customers are companies in the life sciences industry, using Veeva Vault CDMS (Clinical Data Management System), a combination of clinical technologies, amongst the wider Veeva Vault platform. You will be learning the Vault Platform, its APIs, extension abilities, and obtain certification(s).
You will assist in ongoing full-service engagements for clinical studies around integrations, customizations, and other needs for the study. These projects involve documentation, implementation (typically a Java coding project), peer internal testing, customer acceptance testing, and production deployment. You will also be working on mentoring/assisting customers of Veeva to perform their own in-house version of such activity, using their development teams.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. Veeva is a Work Anywhere company and our work processes are designed so that you can be productive in the environment that works best for you. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Provide subject matter expertise on implementation best practices for the Veeva Vault Platform, Vault CDMS (EDC) product suite, and Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Work closely with customers to design and implement cloud-based integrations and custom applications/solutions
- Understand customer requirements and create corresponding technical designs, through to implementation, testing, and deployment
- Support study teams during the project lifecycle as relates to the custom solutions/integrations built in those projects
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the project life cycle
- Create UAT scripts and support UAT with customers for custom integrations/solutions
- Develop internal and external tools to help our customers and our consultants
- Participate and contribute to process, product, and best practices initiatives
- Assure process compliance with all regulatory and Veeva and EDC Services procedures and policies
- Experience in Java (or other OOP language), databases (SQL) and REST-based API development (REST/JSON)
- Ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves to implement, and manage multiple tasks and project deliverables
- Logical approach to problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel 25-30% (may include international travel; no current travel due to COVID)
Nice to Have
- Experience in a technical customer-facing role within a software or consulting organization
- 2+ years direct experience working with EDC software, such as Medidata RAVE or Oracle/Phase Forward InForm
- Experience with AWS hosting and source code control systems
- Working knowledge of clinical trial processes across pharmaceuticals, device and/or biotech sectors, (i.e. design, document, and data collection)
- Experience with system integrators for IVRS, medical coding, eSource, CTMS, eTMF, and other clinical technologies
- Familiarity with CDISC, ODM and other data management industry standards
- 4-year degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent technical degree
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.