At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
This is an expert-level role that requires customer-focused project management and problem-solving skills as you lead and manage large-scale global enterprise cloud software projects. You are able to drive governance at all levels and lead a consulting team in an enterprise implementation project.
This position is not for your average Project Manager. We are looking for individuals with exceptional talent and abilities in project management and leadership. If you excel in building productive relationships, aligning strategies, creating communities, and excelling in a technical, fast-paced environment then this could be an excellent career match for you.
What You'll Do
- Ensure customer success across multiphase Veeva Vault software implementation for one of our R&D suites (Quality, Regulatory, Clinical, or Safety)
- Effective at initiating, planning, scheduling, estimating, forecasting, coordinating and controlling the project.
- Drive governance and demonstrate leadership by working across customer and internal teams to support all phases and work streams within the implementation of Veeva Vault.
- Manage day-to-day project activities and project administration. Enable your team to focus on solution design, prototyping, configuration and documentation.
- Mentor project team members and junior consultants in the R&D Services organization and identify growth opportunities.
- Proactively manage risk, anticipate potential problems, and identify mitigation strategies. Be transparent in all communications and reflective in conducting post-project assessments -- identify learnings that will help improve the overall process.
- Provide regular reporting on project status, key metrics, and deliverables and customize to address key stakeholder groups.
- 3+ years experience in managing large enterprise-level projects with multi-million dollar budget
- 8+ years of experience working with or for life sciences companies; including, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Healthcare, and Medical Device and Diagnostics organizations with knowledge of document and data control and storage
- Experience in reporting to senior/executive level stakeholders and technology teams with superior communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in cross-functional environment that values speed
- Position requires a level of confidence to hold the line with customers and internal teams and be an advocate for the project
- Experience with contract negotiation and/or procurement required
- The ability to travel between 50-75% travel
Nice to Have
- Organizational change management experience
- Locality to major life sciences customer hub (NJ; Boston, MA; San Francisco, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL)
- Project Management and/or consulting experience, working with a major system integrator, consulting firm or software vendor
- Experience working with life sciences companies with knowledge of the drug development process and/or regulatory submissions
- Direct experience with systems such as Veeva Vault, PAREXEL/ LIQUENT InSight, CSC Regulatory Tracker, ArisGlobal Register, OpenText, SharePoint, Documentum, FirstDoc/FirstPoint, NextDocs, CARA, Salesforce, Workday, Oracle, SAP, Lorenz Docubridge, Extedo eCTD Manager, Master Control, Trackwise, CTMS, TMF, Study Startup, eReg/ISFor Drug Safety Databases like ARGUS and ARISg
- System implementation experience within Clinical, Regulatory, Quality, and/or Safety Software for the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Healthcare, and/or Medical Device and Diagnostics industries
- PMP Certification and/or Program Management experience
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
More Jobs From