Tech at Liberty Mutual
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our Master Data Management development team in GRM Information Management. If selected, you will have the opportunity to work with an energetic team with a technology base to build innovative solutions to support business lines insurance products. You will work with a modern technology stack consisting of Java, Spring, Informatica MDM, Python and Oracle.
GRM is currently working to create new systems with modern architectures and transition business lines policies to those systems. As part of the Global Retail Markets organization you will be part of a team that will serve the US region and facilitate world class experiences for our customers and agents. As part of our MDM team you will be modernizing and building out the systems that provide clean, standardized and mastered customer and agent data. We are well on our way to revolutionizing our customers experience and need a strong developer to help us achieve our desired results.
In this role you will:
- Work with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and peer developers to iteratively create solutions that meet business and technical requirements
- Develop Master Data Management applications using Java, Spring, and Informatica MDM
- Analyze technical system problems, and design and implement effective solutions
- Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle
- Create applications using Informaticas MDM software
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Develop automated tests for multiple scopes (Unit, System, Integration, Regression)
- Mentor new and junior developers
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred.
- Generally, 5+ years of professional experience in software development with 3+ years of Java development experience
- Experience with Master Data Management and Informaticas MDM product preferred.
- Experience with WebLogic, Kafka, AWS/Cloud and Oracle desired.
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies.
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Test Engineers)
- Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts including extensive knowledge in layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts.
- Demonstrates leadership and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative, and be a logical thinker.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
For more info about our benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
More Jobs From