We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Global Talent Technology team is looking to hire a Configuration Engineer. Under general supervision the candidate will configure low to medium complexity applications and software from general specifications. Modifies, tests, debugs maintain, and enhance existing programs. Transform client requests into general software requirements. Consults on moderately complex technical problems and provides solutions.
About the job:
- Execute moderately complex components of configuring a single module according to defined design specs & demonstrates proficient understanding of transactions and major configuration options for a business process.
- In an Agile environment, work with business team members, product owners, and other configuration and software engineers to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
- Analyzes and prepare moderate to complex technology enabled recommendations to address gaps within a single business process.
- Identifies moderate to complex functional and technical requirements (e.g., gap analysis, infrastructure, interfaces, reports, enhancements, and/or conversions).
- Develops moderate to complex test scripts. Identifies and researches moderate to complex testing defects.
- Supports pieces of the implementation process such as post implementation support, cutover plans, and transition planning.
- Bachelor degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience configuration experience. SAP Fieldglass, Ariba experience is a plus.
- Experience and/or understanding of Procurement and/or Vendor Management industries.
- Thorough knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- Business function(s) and of business operations.
- Design and development tools.
- Must be proactive and demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
- Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
More Jobs From