Sr. Experience Designer - User Generated Content
Who We Are
Were the Experience Design team at Wayfair, and were tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people discover, find, purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. Were a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced.
How can we leverage AR to make it easier for our customers to imagine how furniture would fit in their space? How can we seamlessly connect them with gig economy assembly and installation pros to get that new chandelier installed before the next dinner party? If you're interested in answering these types of questions, you're the Experience Designer we're looking for.
What Youll Do
Reporting to the Sr. Experience Design Manager for the team, as a Senior Experience Designer, you will be responsible for a workstream related to User Generated Content. A strong candidate will relish the opportunity to jump into a highly visible workstream that drives significant impact. You are gifted in UI design, are customer-centered, and love turning quantitative and qualitative findings into insights and strategy to drive product priorities.
- Utilize design thinking principles to build engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other experience designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Deliver work that emphasizes the use of lean tools and techniques to more rapidly deliver work.
- Manage the development of team members through dedicated mentorship, or less formal coaching and advice.
- Youll lead design efforts for these sites & interfaces: Wayfair + Allmodern + Birch Lane + Joss & Main + Perigold. Desktop + Mobile web + iOS + Android
What Youll Need
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Architecture, or related field
- 5+ years of professional UX experience
- Strong understanding of design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem-solving skills
- Communication and presentation skills. The ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it
- Facilitation and listening skills. The ability to maintain undivided attention and appreciate interpersonal differences. An openness to opinions that challenge beliefs, and be a willingness to evolve based on new information.
- The confidence and self-motivation to drive forward projects that will improve our users experience
- Strong skills in modern design tools like Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Framer, UX Pin, and Creative Suite
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables, including detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Hands-on skills a plus.
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
Interested in learning more about Wayfairs Experience Design team? Check out our Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design