QA Research Manager, Service QA
Special Projects Manager, Customer Service Quality
Quality Assurance at Wayfair uses a unique and innovative approach to defining and measuring customer service delivery via statistical analysis and speech to text analytics. The Service QA Team is responsible for identifying SSC behaviors that contribute to KPIs and Wayfair business goals by measuring customer service contact channels in a meaningful, accurate, and consistent method. The data we analyze is produced by listening to and viewing video of recorded calls, reviewing emails, and diving into tickets using an internally developed and calibrated assessment developed by Service and QA leadership teams. The Service QA team is cross-functional in its approach with teams across 4 Wayfair offices and stakeholders within Service Innovation, Service Leadership, Service Training, and Logistics.
What You'll Do
- The Special Projects Manager will work closely with stakeholders across Customer Service Support teams to prioritize and structure projects that will have the biggest impact to the organization.
- This role will include managing a small team of ambitious and smart recent campus-hires who are already familiar with the Customer Service world and would benefit from a sharp mind and good mentor who can help them present findings clearly, make good decisions using data, and ask second-order questions about their analysis.
- An ideal candidate will be able to quickly learn a large amount of information about Wayfair customer service, serve as a reliable and knowledgeable subject matter expert for the QA evaluation methodology, think critically about new and innovative ways to measure quality, and be able to make decisions using many different data sources.
Sample projects include:
- Diving into outlier service agent performance with large data sets, in-person observations, system usage data, and more to identify best practice behaviors we aren't currently tracking and improve KPIs
- Reconciling Customer Service policies that reduce one KPI but raise another by codifying best practices to deliver actionable insights to Training and Customer Service Leadership
- Structuring an analysis around best practice customer service behavior for different customer issue types (e.g. Returns vs Damages) by prioritizing issues most impactful to the business and examining the topic from multiple angles
What You'll Need
- 3+ years work experience in relevant field with applicable experience
- 1+ years people management preferred
- Intermediate understanding of statistical concepts and analysis methods, bonus points for statistical software experience (R Studio)
- Sound judgement, able to use objective logic and reason to make a quick decision
- Ability to scope and manage projects with a team; manage with and without authority
- Possess an affinity for data, both qualitative and quantitative, and an ability to synthesize data across sources
- Extensive experience manipulating data in Excel
- Organizationally minded to approach unstructured, ambiguous problems and drive actionable solutions
- SQL Skills a plus, but not required
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.