Data Solutions Architect
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers wont benefit from micro optimizations. Leveraging the largest data set for products sold in the Home space, this team treats data as an asset and determines how to maximize its business value and extend our competitive advantage.
Data Solutions Architects are hands-on technical leaders who architect, design and deliver Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Big Data Solution for multiple functional areas. They will define the solution roadmap, determine the resources needed to execute and lead the development and delivery of wide range of data products. They combine a deep knowledge of their business area and technical mastery to own and deliver the right solution for the right business problem. They have knowledge of leading trends and best practices in Big Data and Business Intelligence and build expert level understanding of tools and technology utilized by the group to provide self-service BI. Our managers move fast, adapt quickly, and leave a lasting mark through the new solutions they deliver!
What youll do
- Own and develop technical architecture, design and implementation of big data platforms and business analytics solutions to empower your stakeholders to solve their data driven analytics and reporting needs.
- Design and implement appropriate data architecture, data pipelines, reporting, dashboarding, data exploration, processes and quality controls to enable self-service Business Intelligence.
- Lead initiatives to develop custom, self-service BI solutions to help solve complex business challenges we face every day.
- Act as a subject matter expert for technical guidance, solution design and best practices within the Business Analytics organization.
- Keep current on big data and data visualization technology trends, evaluate, work on proof-of-concept and make recommendations on the technologies based on their merit.
- Develop a technical center of excellence within the analytics organization through training, mentorship, and process innovation.
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated success working with stakeholders and implementing end-to-end data solutions including data model, data pipelines and Business Intelligence products to solve complex business requirements.
- Solid experience in designing and implementing DW Architectures, OLAP technologies, Star-schema, Snowflake schema and Aggregation Techniques.
- Experience in development of custom built BI and big data reporting solutions using tools like Tableau, Qlik, OBIEE, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Business Objects.
- Experience architecting database management systems with traditional and big data technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, Vertica, Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB. Prior experience with databases 100TB+ highly desired.
- Advanced SQL and programming experience with at least one language such as Python, Scala, Java, C++ highly desired.
- Experience as a technical lead or other mentorship role.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Management or other engineering or quantitative discipline field.
What we'd love to see (but isn't required):
- Experience managing a team.
- Experience with big data solution on major cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Experience with structured and unstructured data.