The Fintech industry has been blowing up over the past few years with lots of innovative advances and solutions. From digital products geared towards consumers like Robinhood and Lemonade which logged a very successful IPO back in July. To more of the foundation tech layer with platforms like Stripe for online payments and Plaid that was acquired by Visa for a reported $5.3B.
Alloy is right in the sweet spot of this rapidly growing Fintech industry, as they are providing the identity operating system for the financial services industry and the company just announced a $40M Series B round of funding.
Fraud detection has always been a challenge for banks, but the problem has only grown more severe due to the pandemic which has definitely shifted consumers’ behavior. Their solution makes it easy for financial services companies to quickly and safely onboard and manage more customers.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- The explosion of the Fintech industry and what the future holds for financial services.
- Laura’s background including her original interest in law school to how she ended up as the first employee at a Fintech startup.
- A deep dive into Alloy and how their platform is helping financial institutions with a much needed solution.
- What it was like raising venture capital during a pandemic.
- Advice on building a diverse team
- And so much more