The VentureFizz Podcast: Nate Walkingshaw - Chief Experience Officer for Pluralsight
Nate is widely known as a pioneer in technology product development and his Directed Discovery methodology. He is a master in the craft of building and designing amazing products, to the point where he actually co-authored a book on the subject called Product Leadership: How Top Product Managers Launch Awesome Products and Build Successful Teams.
Pluralsight is an enterprise technology learning platform that delivers a unified end-to-end learning experience for businesses across the globe. The company went public just last year and was recently recognized as one of the 2019 Best Workplaces in Technology by Fortune and Great Place to Work.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of great topics like:
- Nate’s background starting out as an EMT, what that taught him about empathy, and how that translates into building successful products.
- How this experience took him down the path of entrepreneurship and starting a company that invented the most recognizable hospital evacuation sled called the Paraslyde.
- His transition into the tech industry and his work as a startup advisor and founder of Tanner Labs.
- All the details behind Pluralsight, their mission and products, plus the company’s social impact.
- What the team is working on in the Boston office and future growth plans for this location.
- What he looks for when hiring and advice for pursuing a career in product management.
- Plus, a lot more.
Just in case you didn’t know, Pluralsight is aggressively growing their office in Boston. The company is looking to hire across multiple function areas like marketing, product, engineering, data science & analytics. Go to venturefizz.com/pluralsight to check out all of their openings.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!