Mark is an experienced executive who has an innate ability to identify fragmented markets in technology that need consolidation. He also has a special talent with leading the go-to-market strategy for high growth software companies.
At Mark’s prior company, he was the Chief Revenue Officer at TribeHR, where he helped deliver 1,100% sales and 470% customer growth which led to an acquisition by NetSuite in 2013.
Zaius has built a B2C CRM system which is bringing together marketing automation, analytics and CRM software in one marketing platform. The company has raised over $50M to date, including a $30M Series B which was announced last year.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- A journey through his professional career across multiple companies.
- Mark’s ability to grow a company’s market share, and his philosophy on go-to-market strategy.
- A deep dive into what Zaius does and how its B2C CRM works, plus a look into the size and scale of the company.
- Great advice for anyone trying to work their way into a CEO position.
- How Mark thinks about hiring, including one interesting tip that has benefited him in the long run.
- Plus, a lot more.
We have a new series on VentureFizz and it is called Inside. It is a video interview with a functional leader at a company. It could be Inside: Sales, Inside: Engineering, Inside: Product, etc., etc. Each video gives you lots of great information about the company, how this particular functional area operates, hiring, culture, and more. Go to venturefizz.com/inside to check out our collection of videos.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!