The VentureFizz Podcast: Jessica Kim & Steven Lee - Co-Founders of ianacare
Jessica and Steve are serial entrepreneurs. They both started successful companies separately in other industries, but it was their personal experiences that brought them together to build ianacare.
If you’ve ever had to care for a loved one who is ill, then you know first hand how challenging it can be on so many levels. You need help but you don’t want to be a burden to others and there are challenges around coordinating the care. In the U.S. alone, there are over 43M family caregivers and over 90% of the care happens in the home, not a hospital.
ianacare was built to support these caregivers. It is a mobile app that provides the emotional and practical support they need.
The creation of ianacare is a perfect example of entrepreneurs who find a problem through real-world experiences and realize that something needs to change and it becomes their passion to create the solution.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Steve & Jessica’s background and entrepreneurial stories including scaling a consumer subscription business to an exit for Jessica and Steve’s experience taking a video AdTech company public.
- The details behind their personal experiences caregiving for a family member and why they decided to take action.
- A deep dive into ianacare in terms of their business and product.
- What the Just Show Up movement means.
- Advice for founders on hiring during different stages of a business.
- And so much more.