Steve is an operator turned venture capitalist. After a very successful run at General Catalyst, he joined Juxtapose earlier this year as a Partner to focus on building innovative B2B companies.
Juxtapose is an investment firm that partners with experienced entrepreneurs to build category-defining technology companies. The firm was founded in 2015 and has created 14 companies to date including Tend, Great Jones, Earned, and others.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- How to make big bets and recognize shifts in the tech industry as an investor.
- Steve’s background from academia to how he got his career started in the tech industry.
- The story of VMware and how he learned how to scale an engineering organization to over 3,000 people.
- His experience as an investor at General Catalyst and his thesis around making investments in cybersecurity, along with portfolio companies that have scaled like Illumio and Datto.
- What he is up to now at Juxtapose and how the firm is unique in terms of investing and company creation.
- And so much more.
* Editor's note: The recorded introduction was incorrect by saying "the firm has developed over twenty companies over the last 25 years." The accurate statement is that the firm was founded in 2015 and they have created 14 companies to date. This has been updated in the show notes.