The negotiation dance… some might enjoy it, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say that most people probably don’t, especially when it comes to purchasing software. It’s like a known fact that if you wait until the end of the quarter, you’ll likely get a better rate versus if you purchase the same product at the beginning of the quarter.
It was Ryan’s experience in sales that opened his eyes to this challenge in the industry and realized that there must be a better way. A better way with transparent pricing and a frictionless buying experience which also saves you money.
Enter Vendr, the SaaS buying platform that is changing how companies buy and renew SaaS. With over $300+ million in SaaS purchases across over 1,000 suppliers, the Vendr SaaS buying platform enables the world’s fastest-growing companies to purchase SaaS, without friction and at a fair price. The company recently announced a $60M Series A round of funding led by Tiger Global.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Why is it important for entrepreneurs to think big about their business starting day one.
- How Ryan transitioned into a career in sales at SCVNGR, then HubSpot where he worked his way into a leadership role and then led enterprise sales at InVision.
- All of the details on Vendr including their massive growth, hiring, culture, and funding.
- What his experience at Y Combinator taught him.
- Advice for entrepreneurs on hiring and structuring their sales team.
- And so much more!