Typically, you don’t hear many venture capital backed companies get mentioned during daytime talkshows, but did you know that SevenRooms is one of Drew Barrymore’s favorite companies. At least that is what she said during her show.
She highlighted the company’s Fresh Start policy which gives new hires their first two weeks of employment as paid time off as a chance to recharge before they get going at the company. In addition, SevenRooms has a 7R&R program which requires employees who have been with the company up to five years gto take five consecutive days off twice a year and employees with a longer tenure must take double that.
Joel and I talk in detail about these benefits and why they are so meaningful for the company’s people first culture.
SevenRooms is a guest experience and retention platform that helps hospitality operators create exceptional experiences that drive revenue and repeat business. The company is venture
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Joel’s professional background and what he learned as the Chief of Staff at LivePerson.
- The founding story of SevenRooms and the details on the platform, plus the impact it has for its customers.
- What it was like running a company focused on the hospitality industry during the height of the pandemic and how some key decisions made the company stronger in the long run.
- The market opportunity and areas for disruption within the hospitality industry.
- Advice on building a global company.
- And so much more.