There is no set rule on how one becomes a CEO of a tech company and when you look at Cory’s career path, it is one of the main reasons why I encourage people to work for high growth startups. She was employee #17 at BlueConic, eight years ago, and was announced as the company’s CEO earlier this year.
My point isn’t that you should join an early stage company because it is the best shot to a CEO role, but it is a perfect example of the career progression that one can experience if they are dedicated and are a top performer. If you are interested in becoming a CEO someday, then you are in luck as Cory shares some great advice.
BlueConic is a leading pure-play customer data platform that liberates companies’ first-party data from disparate systems and makes it accessible wherever and whenever it is required to transform customer relationships and drive business growth.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
* Cory’s background story and how she got her career started as a Research Associate at Forrester covering the Martech industry.
* How she landed at BlueConic in the early days of the company and how they were able to gain traction initially.
* All the details about BlueConic in terms of the company’s platform today and the value it provides to customers.
* Lessons learned since becoming a CEO.
* How Cory thinks about the culture at BlueConic.
* The future of the Martech stack and how AI will play a role.
* And so much more.