It’s incredibly rare for a co-founder to remain as CEO at a company for as long as Art has, especially when the company has been involved in multiple financing rounds from venture capital and private equity firms, which says a lot about Art’s leadership style and his ability to stay focused.
A key part of this focus is being the best solution for a specific industry. In Bullhorn’s case, it is building the best software to power staffing firms. One might think that being focused on what one might call a narrow industry would be a mistake, but it’s this focus that has allowed the company to generate hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue with over 10,000 customers.
The company recently announced a new strategic investment from Stone Point Capital to power the next phase of the Bullhorn’s growth.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- The secrets to his parents' achievement of raising 3 very successful children who are all in the tech industry.
- Art’s foundational years studying mathematics at Tufts University and his first jobs out of college.
- All the details on the early days of Bullhorn and how he got started building the company with his two co-founders.
- How they scaled the company and worked with multiple investors successfully.
- Advice for founders on how to integrate an acquired company into your culture.
- And so much more.