Lux Capital has $1.4B under management and is currently investing from its $400M fifth fund. Zack has led the firm’s investment in companies like Shapeways, SOLS Systems, and Moment. His most recent investment is in a company called Latch, a New York tech company that is modernizing buildings by digitizing physical keys with a smart access system.
Oh, and Zack has an interesting hobby as a reef aquarist; his work is actually on display at their offices with a 180-gallon reef aquarium. Here's a photo:
In this episode, we cover:
- His interest in technology at a young age and starting his own company
- How he sought out and landed an opportunity in venture capital while he was still at Cornell
- What his career path has looked like in venture and how he worked his way up through the ranks to a partner at the firm
- His interest in making investments that bridge the intersection between digital and physical worlds
- Lots of great advice for entrepreneurs in terms of fundraising and hiring
- Plus, a lot more!
To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!