The VentureFizz Podcast: Spencer Lazar - Partner at General Catalyst
Spencer has several years of experience as a Venture Capitalist. He previously held investment roles at Accel and Insight Venture Partners. At General Catalyst, he helped open their office in New York. His current portfolio includes companies like Bowery, ClassPass, Fundbox, Giphy, Lemonade, and others.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of great topics like:
- His passion for photographing street art.
- Spencer’s background, including some interesting details from his time at Harvard as a resident at Kirkland House over the same period of time that Facebook was getting started.
- Lessons learned from co-founding his own startup Spontaneously, an early iOS-based mobile calendar.
- What he is targeting in terms of his investments at General Catalyst.
- Common pitfalls for companies trying to scale.
- The current vibe of the New York tech ecosystem.
- Plus, a lot more.
Ok, quick side note. Are you expanding your company and growing your team in New York? If the answer is yes, then you need to check out our BIZZpages. It is an employment branding solution which helps you connect with and hire amazing talent in the New York Tech ecosystem. If you are interested in learning more, send an email to email@example.com and we’ll get you all the details.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!