The VentureFizz Podcast: Melody Koh - Partner at NextView Ventures.
Melody has a strong mix of professional experience as an entrepreneur, operator, and investor. At Blue Apron, she was the company’s first product hire. She went on to lead a 35-person team through the company's hypergrowth years to an IPO.
At NextView Ventures, she’s part of the team that is redesigning the “Everyday Economy,” which we dive into, as it is the firm’s investment thesis. Melody is passionate about working closely with founders at early-stage companies where she can leverage her experience in things like product, go-to-market strategies, hiring, and more.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of other topics too, like:
- How parenting relates to entrepreneurship, which is relevant, as Melody and her husband recently welcomed a newborn son to the world.
- Her background story and how she landed in venture capital early on in her career and later transitioned into product management.
- The details of her experience at Blue Apron and the hypergrowth years where she led product, design, and analytics.
- Her current role as a venture capitalist and what she is targeting for investments.
- Advice for founders who haven’t made their first product hire yet and finding the right product manager for your company.
- Tips on how to pursue a career in venture capital.
- And so much more.
Is your company hiring? If yes, then you might want to add a BIZZpage subscription. It is our employment branding and hiring solution that helps to keep your company top of mind for our targeted audience of professionals in the tech industry. A BIZZpage subscription includes an employment branding page, unlimited postings to our Job Board, access to our exclusive content series, and more. Send an email to email@example.com for more details.
Lastly, if you like the show, please remember to subscribe to and review us on iTunes, or your podcast player of choice!
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!