The VentureFizz Podcast: Kristen Caldwell - Talent Consultant and Advisor
For the 95th episode of our podcast, I interviewed Kristen Caldwell, talent consultant and advisor.
I was really excited to speak with Kristen as we talk at length about a topic that I’m very passionate about and have pretty much built my career around: recruiting.
Kristen has an impressive background where she has played in key role in building out some of the top companies across both coasts like Yammer, Vine, Uber, and Blue Apron. Today, she is working with founders to help out with their talent acquisition strategy, as well as working as an advisor for firms Thrive Capital and NextView Ventures.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- Kristen’s background and the story of how she “fell into” recruiting.
- The details of her in-house recruiting experience at each company.
- The common mistakes entrepreneurs make when hiring.
- How Kristen advises brand-new companies on top-of-the-funnel candidate strategy, including how to recruit engineers.
- Telling the difference between someone who is good at interviewing versus a good hire.
- How to approach diversity and inclusion.
- Plus, a lot more.
Our BIZZpages are a great way to do a virtual tour of high growth tech companies across the New York tech scene. Each BIZZpage has lots of information about the company, its culture, job openings, team, and more. You’ll find lots of great companies listed like Ordergroove, SevenRooms, Reonomy, Kasisto, Bowery, UiPath, Facebook, DigitalOcean, and so many more. Go to venturefizz.com/bizzpages to start exploring!
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!