The VentureFizz Podcast: Hadley Harris - Founding General Partner at Eniac Ventures
Hadley has an engineering degree from Penn and an MBA from Wharton. He has a proven track record as an operator holding executive roles at startups like Vlingo and Thumb, which were both companies acquired.
Eniac began investing in 2010 and what is impressive is the fact that Eniac backed companies get to a Series A round of funding the fastest. This stat was published from a study conducted by CB Insights.
Hadley also hosts a podcast along with his co-founders called Seed to Scale, which is all about the ups and downs of building an early-stage company, securing funding, and more.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of great topics like:
- All about his background, including how he met his partners during his undergraduate studies at Penn.
- The details behind Eniac Ventures and how they take a truly collaborative approach in terms of the makeup of the firm.
- A deep dive into what kinds of companies they are looking to invest in.
- What pitch mistakes founders make over and over again.
- What to put on your team slide and where it should go in the pitch slide deck.
- How he reaches a valuation for a company.
- The decacorn investment that got away from him.
- Plus, a lot more.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!