The VentureFizz Podcast: Dennis Mortensen - Founder and CEO of x.ai
Dennis is a serial entrepreneur who has helped start a number of companies over the course of his career with multiple exits. We talk in detail about these companies, and we discuss the successes and lessons learned from them.
x.ai is Dennis’ latest startup which is solving a problem that happens 10 billion times a year. That is scheduling meetings. It is that ritual that we all know so well with the highly inefficient back and forth over email.
As it turns out, it is a complex problem to solve and x.ai is finally providing a solution with its comprehensive AI-powered scheduling technology. The company is venture backed and they have raised $44M to date.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Dennis’s background growing up in Denmark with a family of entrepreneurs, and how this gave him “sales stamina” and led him down the path of entrepreneurship.
- All about his prior companies, including Visual Revenue, Indextools, and others.
- The details behind x.ai and the complexity of their technology.
- Why he likes to hire people who are “comfortable in the dark.”
- His perspective on whether entrepreneurship can be a career.
- Plus, a lot more.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!