The VentureFizz Podcast: Dan Sommer - Founder and CEO at Trilogy Education
Trilogy partners with some of the world's leading universities to help companies bridge the digital skills gap through their training programs in areas like web development, data analytics, cybersecurity, and others.
Dan is a serial entrepreneur, who has a very unique perspective, as he has transitioned between startups and larger companies throughout his career. For Dan, it’s less about the size of the company and more about where you can learn the most and have the greatest impact.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of great topics like:
- Dan’s background and his early professional years where he started to gain an interest in entrepreneurship and starting companies.
- The excellent piece of advice he got from his father-in-law, and how that led him down the path to becoming a marketing specialist.
- How he started working with institutions in higher ed and how this became a passion for him.
- All about Trilogy, including the aha moment behind its founding and its current scale, business model, and growth plans.
- Great advice for companies that are either looking to get acquired or looking to make an acquisition.
- Tips for scaling your business and why focus is so important.
- Plus, a lot more.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!