The VentureFizz Podcast: Brandon Gell - Founder and CEO of Clyde
Product protection is one of those things that you don’t think you need until you really need it. Clyde is disrupting this industry with a radically different approach and it is a massive market which currently stands at $44B. The company’s platform is making it easy for retailers to offer product protection plans online. It is not only an opportunity to increase revenue, but through Clyde’s platform and approach, it is also a way to drive customer loyalty at the same time.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics like:
- Brandon’s foundation years and his experience at Venture for America.
- The aha moment that led him to start Clyde and how they got the company started, including a great story about a hard decision to say “no” which ended up being the best decision for the company.
- All the details on Clyde in terms of the complexity of their platform and how they are building a better experience for consumers.
- Advice for first-time founders raising capital.
- His thoughts on hiring the first layer of employees at a company.
- And so much more!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? It is loaded with lots and lots of great content from our interviews with founders, executives, and investors. You will find lots of advice shared from these podcast interviews, plus our popular Inside and CxO briefing series. Go to youtube.com/venturefizz to check it out.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!