Andrew is a serial entrepreneur with multiple companies under his belt like urbantag, which was tackling the trillion-dollar online-to-offline commerce market. It was acquired in 2012.
His latest company is Teampay, which was born out of a realization around how software was helping companies collaborate and put controls in place across pretty much every business function. For example, Github helps with your source code repository, Marketo for your marketing cloud. So, what controls access to your company’s money?
It was this realization that led him down the path of starting Teampay. The company’s distributed spend management platform gives high-growth companies total control and real-time visibility over purchasing, while empowering employees with smart, policy-driven access to company spend. Teampay has raised $16M in funding and is headquartered in New York City.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- The end-user era and the shift towards a decentralized work environment
- Andrew’s journey into startups and a look at prior companies.
- The full background story and all the details about Teampay.
- Very unique advice on how to get a warm intro with your ideal investors.
- How to scale your initial team and culture.
- And so much more.