The VentureFizz Podcast: Ben Hindman - Co-Founder and CEO of Splash
Ben is the kind of entrepreneur that reminds you that it’s up to us to create our own opportunities… and as he has witnessed, each opportunity can open the door to the next one.
Take his current company Splash, which was a pivot away from an original idea called One Clipboard. It was a hail mary opportunity that ultimately saved the company, and it was the right product to build a successful business at scale. The company has raised $14.5M in venture funding from Ascent Venture Partners, Spark Capital, and Lerer Hippeau.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Ben’s background as a serial entrepreneur going all the way back to a free walking tour company in Washington D.C., which taught him web marketing skills.
- His experience running events at Thrillist, and how partnerships made a significant difference to their success.
- The story behind the pivot to Splash, and how they found the viral coefficient which allowed them to hit scale.
- How to speak the same language with investors when raising capital, and why you should prioritize simplicity when giving your pitch.
- Great advice on how to become a better leader.
- Plus so much more.
To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!