When I think of Chet, I think of an entrepreneur who is a builder and a massive risktaker. He has a track record of building companies that are completely transforming industries and disrupting the status quo. It’s a go big or go home philosophy, where the stakes are high and you can’t fear taking on the very powerful and established incumbents. In order to build the next generation of transformative companies, we need entrepreneurs like Chet who are up for the challenge and thrive on building real products that solve real problems at scale.
His latest company is Starry which is building a better kind of internet service. When it comes to selecting your internet service provider, most consumers don’t have a choice. This leads to poor service, bloated pricing plans, and a bad customer service experience. We all know there needs to be a better option, especially if you are part of the rapidly growing segment of wire cutters. Starry is reinventing everything from the top - down with next generation technology and lightning fast internet service.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Chet’s foundational years and his first entrepreneurial venture as a teenager.
- Navic Networks, Chet’s first company which transformed the interactive TV ad market and was acquired by Microsoft.
- The full story behind Aereo, which was bringing over-the-air television on internet-connected devices and we discuss the legal battles that took matters all the way to the Supreme Court.
- A deep dive into the story of Starry and the complexity of building a next-generation internet service provider.
- Advice for founders on attracting the best talent for their teams.
- And so much more.