I always think the best ideas for a business are from entrepreneurs who are tackling the problems they have faced in the real world. As you’ll hear from this episode, NeighborSchools is a perfect example.
Finding quality and affordable child care is a tricky thing and when you factor in the COVID-19 world we are living in, the stakes are even higher. It was this challenge that Bridget was facing as a new working mom. Brian, Bridget and their third co-founder, Cedric McDougal, all met while working together at InsightSquared and once they started to poke around the industry, they noticed some critical issues that were ripe for disruption through technology.
Thus, NeighborSchools was born. The venture backed company provides a platform to help parents find trusted child care, while enabling child care providers with all the tools they need to successfully run their own home daycare.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Starting a podcast and the details behind their own podcast series called Work Like a Mother.
- Their background stories leading up to working together at InsightSquared.
- All of the details on NeighborSchools and how they are revolutionizing the child care industry through home daycare.
- How they navigated the business through the pandemic.
- Raising a $3.5M seed round led by Accomplice.
- Challenges founders face when starting a company.
- And so much more.