A couple of weeks ago, we hosted an online event with General Assembly titled: How to Land a Job at a Tech Startup.
If you were not able to join us, the video is below.
The panel included:
- Carly Laniado - Director of Recruiting, Movable Ink
- Kelsey Heitz - Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Reonomy
- Taylor Rao - Manager of Talent Acquisition, Wistia
- Keith Cline - Founder, VentureFizz (moderator)
We covered lots of topics:
- Regardless of economic conditions, why is it a good idea for people to join a startup and what can they expect by working at one? (culture, skills, marketability)
- Resumes - do they matter? When you read one... what are you looking for? What about cover letters?
- How can you stand out? What else should candidates do to build up their personal brand and stand apart from other candidates?
- Things you can do to network in a remote world. (online conferences, LinkedIn, etc.)
- What tips do you have for remote interviewing over video? Advice on how to avoid Zoom fatigue.
- How should job seekers evaluate companies in terms of its remote culture? What questions can you ask? Examples of things that you have done to keep the culture fun and lively during this timeframe.
- What does the future of the office potentially look like? Is remote here to stay?
- Are there sectors and/or positions that are still in high demand?
- Is it possible for someone to join a startup if they are making a complete career change? What about if someone has experience, like in marketing, but never in the tech industry?
- And more!