Did you know that 2.3B people in the world seek help for skin issues every year? Two-thirds of these cases are evaluated by non-specialists and the shocking statistic is that 50% of these cases are misdiagnosed. It’s a challenge because there are not enough dermatologists and most physicians only spend one week learning dermatology in medical school.
So, what if you could leverage AI and computer vision to help physicians quickly and accurately identify skin conditions. It sounds like a perfect use case for AI and this is exactly what LuminDx is doing. The company recently closed a $2M seed round of funding led by Argon VC.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Advice for founders on how to give an awesome demo day pitch.
- Susan’s background story and her time in academia.
- How Susan’s diagnosis with melanoma, when she was 22 years old, led to the creation of LuminDx.
- All of the details on LuminDx and the evolution of the company.
- Her experience raising funding as a female founder.
- And so much more.