The VentureFizz Podcast: Sarah Downey - Principal at Accomplice
In the past, there really weren’t too many career paths into the venture capital industry. Typically, someone joined a firm from a top business school or investment banking firm. Or, another common path is being a successful founder and switching over to the investment side.
Well, this isn’t the case anymore and Sarah is a perfect example of someone whose career has taken lots of great twists and turns leading up to her current role as a Principal at Accomplice. In addition to Sarah’s role as an investor, she is also a community-builder. She is actively involved in Rev Boston, TUGG, and other non-profits.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- The value of having your own user guide to provide others with instructions on the best way to interact with you.
- Sarah’s background story including her time in law school and her career pivot into the tech industry as a marketer.
- How she made the transition into venture capital.
- Trends in the AR/VR space, as well as other areas of tech.
- The importance of elevating more women in the Boston tech scene, and -Sarah’s role in making that happen.
- And so much more.
TUGG is one of the organizations that Sarah is apart of. One of their flagship events is called Tech Gives Back, which we talk about in the podcast. It is the largest industry service event in the country and an opportunity for your company to volunteer for a day of service and work with some incredible non-profits. This year’s event is taking place on October 10th & 11th. Go to tugg.org to learn more and sign your company up for this worthy cause!
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!