The VentureFizz Podcast: Richard Dulude - Co-Founder and Partner at Underscore VC
Richard has a really interesting background with a multi-faceted career. He was a professional skier competing for a spot on the US Olympic team, turned programmer, turned entrepreneur and now a venture capitalist.
In his current role at Underscore VC, he’s leading the firm’s investments in the areas of the blockchain, AI, machine learning, XR, and serverless technologies.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- What it's like competing for a spot on the Olympic team while studying engineering at an Ivy League school.
- Richard’s career, including his time working on the pricing strategy for iTunes at Apple and helping to launch the direct-to-consumer eCommerce business for Procter & Gamble.
- The story of how Underscore VC came to be, and all the details behind the firm, plus what they are targeting in terms of investments.
- His thoughts on whether entrepreneurs are born or made.
- What areas of technology he’s interested in right now.
- Advice for founders raising capital.
- How to determine valuations.
- Plus, a lot more.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!