If there’s one thing to say about today’s guests, it’s that you’d be hard-pressed to find two more qualified people to run a startup like CHAOSSEARCH than these two co-founders.
Les is an experienced executive with multiple exits under his belt at companies like DynamicOps, Neocleus, Softricity, and others.
Tom, is not only a serial entrepreneur with his own level of success, but he is also an inventor of technology, which always fascinates me in terms of how people are actually creating things like, in Tom’s instance, new computer science algorithms for big data.
Their current startup, CHAOSSEARCH, is the first log search and analytics platform built for AWS S3. The company recently announced $9M in Series A funding, which was co-led by .406 Ventures and Glasswing Ventures with participation from Stage 1 Ventures.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of great topics like:
- Les and Tom’s early background before CHAOSSEARCH, and how the two co-founders met.
- The story behind how CHAOSSEARCH was founded.
- All the details of the company in terms of its technology, how they are helping companies, and the market opportunity.
- Why they each keep building companies.
- Advice for first-time founders raising capital.
- The qualities they look for when hiring.
- Plus, a lot more.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!