The VentureFizz Podcast: Gail Goodman - Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer at Pepperlane
Gail is a legend in the Boston tech scene. As CEO of Constant Contact, she took the company from its earliest days to a successful IPO and later, an acquisition by Endurance International Group for over $1B. Constant Contact was a groundbreaking company that was going against the grain in terms of building a successful SaaS business while working with SMB’s (Small-to-Medium) sized businesses. This was unheard of back then and it is truly an inspirational story that all entrepreneurs should listen to.
Gail is now working with an amazing team to hopefully build another pillar tech company that is unlocking a massive market opportunity. Pepperlane is on a mission to help mothers build successful businesses and become entrepreneurs on their own terms.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- A walk through Gail’s career and the different roles she held before Constant Contact.
- A deep dive into the story of Constant Contact and how they overcome the odds to build one of the most successful tech companies in the Boston area.
- The spider web effect that Constant Contact has made to the Boston tech ecosystem with several CEOs, founders, and executives who are building companies.
- All the details on Pepperlane and why she is incredibly excited about the mission behind the company.
- Why she is the company’s Chief Product Officer versus CEO.
- Advice on how to land a seat on the Board of Directors at a company.
- And so much more.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!