The VentureFizz Podcast: Bryanne Leeming - Founder and CEO of Unruly Studios
I am always fascinated with entrepreneurs who are launching physical products. There is such a greater level of complexity and ultimately risk behind their business. You have to design the product, get it manufactured, and then sold, which is also very challenging in terms of figuring out which sales channel is going to get your product in the hands of consumers. Do you go direct with an eCommerce model, sell to retailers, or figure out a B2B2C business model. There is so much that goes into it.
Bryanne Leeming’s company, Unruly Studios, is taking this challenge head-on with a product that is very cool, different, and needed. Unruly Splats are the company’s first product and it teaches kids critical STEM skills while being active and having fun all at the same time.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover lots of topics, like:
- All about Bryanne’s background including her first jobs and the decision to go back to business school.
- The story of how Unruly Studios came to be, and how they named the company.
- Her experience building hardware and how she went about getting feedback on the product.
- All the details on Unruly Splats in terms of how kids play with it and what they learn.
- Her experience creating a successful Kickstarter campaign and what channels have been effective for sales.
- Advice for entrepreneurs trying to build and bring a physical product to market.
- And so much more.
Is your company hiring? If yes, then you might want to add a BIZZpage subscription. It is our employment branding and hiring solution that helps to keep your company top of mind for our targeted audience of professionals in the tech industry. A BIZZpage subscription includes an employment branding page, unlimited postings to our Job Board, access to our exclusive content series, and more. Send an email to email@example.com for more details.
You can listen to the podcast in the player below. To make sure you receive future episodes, please subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud. If you enjoyed our show, please consider writing us a 5-star review—it will definitely help us get the word out there!